GENEWAY™ offers a range of genetic tests that will teach you more about your unique genetic makeup and how you can adapt your lifestyle, diet and environment to live your best life.
There has never ever been a person quite like you on planet Earth. From your head to your toes, you are a brand-new story being told by intricate strings of DNA locked away in your unique genetic code. Technology is at a point where we can easily provide the valuable information* you require making decisions that will lead to a happier, healthier, more vital life. It’s time to get curious about your genes and what they mean.
The GENEWAY™ Science
What is SNP genotyping?
SNP genotyping is the technology we use to gain understanding of person’s genetic makeup. SNP stands for single nucleotide polymorphisms. These are the DNA sequence variations that make you different from everyone else you know. Once you have a breakdown of your SNPs, a trained technician can interpret the data to tell you which diseases you are likely to get, and how you can change your lifestyle to prevent it.
How do you extract the DNA?
With the use of a cheek swab, also known as a buccal swab. It can also be done using whole blood, but the swab is sufficient to supply us with DNA cells and can easily be done in the comfort of your own home.
What can I expect once you’ve analysed my DNA?A comprehensive health and wellness report*, along with a precision nutrition plan, tailored to your genetic needs, enabling you to manage and develop your lifestyle that will be effective in reducing your health risks.
Our genes and their expression can influence:
- Nutrient deficiencies or excesses
- Dietary components
- Vitamin D and B levels
- Toxin detoxification
- Exercise and Activity
- Alcohol and drugs metabolism
- Circadian rhythms.
How does this help me?
With the help of GENEWAY™ test results, you’ll be able to:
- Choose effective lifestyle interventions such as a change in diet and/or taking supplements.
- Know which diseases you are predisposed to, e.g. cholesterol, type II diabetes.
- Learn of current conditions you may have, e.g. lactose intolerance.
- Find out more about your athletic potential.
- Be warned of addictive behavioural traits, etc.
So where does one have their DNA tested, and what does it entail?
If you live in Pretoria your DNA Swab can be collected at the practice or else a DNA Collection kit will be couriered to you. It will then be collected and couriered back to the lab for testing.
The GENEWAY™ screening test covers the following areas:
- Cholesterol and lipid metabolism
- Dietary carbohydrate sensitivity
- Dietary fat sensitivity
- Exercise responsiveness
- Heart disease
- Homocysteine metabolism
- Insulin sensitivity and risk for diabetes
- Iron metabolism
- Drug metabolism
- Oxidative Stress
- Overweight and obesity risk
- Circadian rhythms (sleep disorders)
- Vitamin-B metabolism
- Athletic Potential
- Injury risk and rate of recovery
- Anti-ageing and derma genetics